St. John Virgin Islands:Marketplace Complex Evacuated

St. John’s Marketplace complex was closed for several hours today, the result of a propane gas leak.

It seems that the 1,000-pound gas tank was overfilled and when the gas expanded in the late morning sunshine a valve blew off and a jet of the  highly flammable propane was sent spewing into the air.

All businesses and offices were closed and everyone inside and in the general vicinity were asked to leave out of concerns that the gas would explode.

After the damaged valve was repaired and the gas contained, the Marketplace was reopened for business.

Update me when site is updated